How To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Nashville Home
August 30, 2022 - Cockroaches
If you've ever had a cockroach in your house, you know how horrifying they can be. These pesky critters can invade your home at any time and cause all sorts of problems. Not only are they unsanitary, but they can also pose more serious issues.
Cockroaches are a common problem for Nashville homeowners, but there is hope for getting rid of them. Continue reading to learn everything you need to know about roaches and how professional pest control in Nashville can help.
What Types Of Cockroaches Invade Properties?
There are different types of cockroaches that can invade your property. These include:
- American cockroaches: American cockroaches are typically reddish-brown and can grow up to two inches long. They're the most common type of cockroach found in American homes.
- German cockroaches: These roaches are smaller than American cockroaches and are light brown or tan. They're the most common type of roach found in restaurants and food service settings.
- Oriental cockroaches: These massive cockroaches are dark brown and can be found in moist environments like sewers and drains.
- Brown-banded cockroaches: This species is typically light brown with two distinctive light bands across the wings. They prefer warm, dry environments like cabinets and closets.
If you are struggling with any type of cockroaches in your home, don't hesitate to call the Five-O team today.
Are Cockroaches Harmful To Humans?
Cockroaches are not only creepy and unsanitary, they also pose health risks to humans. Cockroaches can be dangerous in the following ways:
- They can spread various diseases, including salmonellosis, E. coli infections, and gastroenteritis.
- They can get into your food supplies and contaminate them with their feces and saliva. This can cause you to become ill if you eat contaminated food.
- Roaches can cause asthma and other respiratory problems in people who are allergic to them.
Due to these health concerns, it is important to promptly seek professional cockroach control as soon as you become aware of the problem.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Roaches
Right off the bat, you need to learn how to deter cockroaches from your home. The most effective way to get rid of them is by hiring a professional pest control service. Professionals have the experience and knowledge to identify the type of roach and the source of the infestation.
For effective and affordable cockroach control in Nashville, contact the experts at Five-O Pest Control. Our signature Roach Assassin Service, in conjunction with a few simple prevention techniques from you, will get rid of the cockroaches from your home and keep them from coming back.
Simple Cockroach Prevention Tips
In addition to hiring a professional, there are some simple steps you can take to help prevent cockroaches from invading your home in the first place. These include:
- Sealing up any cracks or openings in your house that roaches could use as entry points
- Cleaning up spills and messes right away
- Keeping your home clean and free of clutter
- Removing food and water sources that roaches might be drawn to
- Putting pet food away in sealed containers after feeding
- Ensuring your garbage cans have tight-fitting lids
- Having your home regularly inspected and treated for pests by a professional
If you're looking for ways to deter cockroaches from your home, these are some of the most effective methods. However, if you're already struggling with cockroaches, it's best to contact a professional pest control contractor for assistance.
Five-O Pest Control is a professional pest control company that can help you eliminate cockroaches and other pests from your Nashville home. Get effective cockroach control solutions for just $50 today!
Very responsive and extremely knowledgeable. A pleasure to work with.