The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Nashville Home
July 30, 2022 - Ants
Ants are small pests that can cause big issues around your property. Not only are they upsetting to see crawling around your house, but many potential health and safety problems can result from an ant infestation. The best way to get rid of ants in your Nashville home is to call in your local experts and secure quality Nashville pest control.
Types Of Ants That Invade Nashville Homes
Here in Nashville, we are exposed to ant activity all year long. These tiny invaders can be sneaky about entering our properties, and once they get inside, they spread fast and aren’t easy to control. Here are some of the major types of ants that invade Nashville homes:
- Argentine Ants - These ants find their way into your home during the hot summer months as they are looking to escape the heat. They often leave foraging trails leading to their active areas.
- Carpenter Ants - These ants weaken the structural integrity of your property over time by excavating damaged wood and creating gallery tunnels for their nests.
- Fire Ants - These ants create large tunneling systems underground and can access your home through tiny entry points underneath and around the perimeter of the house. These ants bite and leave a large welt when they are disturbed.
- Odorous House Ants - These ants get into your home seeking food, and their colonies can grow up to 100,000 ants in size. They emit a smell of rotten coconuts when you smash them.
- Pavement Ants - These ants live both indoors and outdoors, burrowing under and nesting in the pavement of driveways and sidewalks. They can sting and bite.
- Pharaoh Ants - Experts mostly consider these ants to be indoor ants, living in intricately casted colonies inside buildings. They require temperate conditions and prefer areas with central heating as they are a tropical species.
Whatever kind of ant species you’re dealing with in your Nashville home, it’s important to understand the consequences of infestation. Read on to learn about the dangers of Nashville ants.
The Many Problems Ants Can Create In Your House
When ants infest your home, the entire structure is compromised, and so is everyone inside the building. Firstly, consider that ants cause widespread contamination and expose you to several serious diseases and health conditions. Ants walk around in unsanitary areas like garbage and decaying matter. When they get into your food sources, they spread bacteria and pathogens, which can lead to severe illnesses.
Secondly, ants get into building materials like structural timbers and foam insulation. They can cause property damage to your home and put your safety in harm’s way. Additionally, some ants bite and can cause reactions in those with allergies. Now that you’re aware of the many problems ants can create in your house, it’s time to secure the proper protection.
Why DIY Ant Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
As we’ve discussed, ant infestation is a real nightmare, and it can be tough to manage on your own. It’s tempting to try and deal with it by yourself by trying different DIY ant control methods, but the truth is do-it-yourself solutions are hardly effective.
DIY ant control is a waste of time and money. The truth is, it does not address the infestation at large. Even if you think you’ve eliminated all active ants, new colonies are likely forming around your space, meaning ant populations will only emerge in larger numbers down the line.
Something else to think about is that DIY efforts end up costing you a lot of money and time in the long run. The smartest thing to do is avoid the entire headache and leave your ant control needs to the professionals.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Ants
If you think there may be an ant infestation on your property, the best thing you can do is contact the experts at Five-O Pest Control. We are here to offer you our expert advice and provide assistance that you can trust. Call the professionals at the first sign of ants and secure the protection you deserve.
This company came through with an incredible tight time frame!